My last 3 weeks had been built on milk tea obsession. Usually, after a lunch meal, I always crave for desserts be it cakes, chocolates, or little candies. I sort of had a bump in the head so I began hunting for sweet drinks nearby. Say hello to my after lunch buddies:
Chowking Nai cha
Price: P43(12oz)
The first milk tea I ever tasted. I was about 14 years old when my mom bought me one. First sip tasted odd, but my mom pushed me to finish the cup, then little by little did I developed the love for it. Its tea leaf extract mixed with milk, caramel syrup plus a dazzle of tea jellies. My friends find it too sweet but ho! sweet is tasty. or at least for moi. ;)
Zen Tea Milk Tea
Price: P55(L) P60(XL)
Our school built a new place for food chains and Zen tea was one of the stores which got in. Aside from the dismsum, I come by to always get this drink composed of milk, black tea, and studs of black pearls. When I feel like getting more of the tea-taste over the milk, then I buy this.
360 degrees Hand Shaking Tea
Price: P35
My favorite for now. Aside from its fairly cheap price, it comes with yumsie coffee jellos which gives the drink a nice bulk of texture. I always choose caramel over the other one tho since I think its more milk tea-ish compared to the plain choco drink taste the other one renders. It already is packed when bought, no need to wait and look at barista skills, hence its name.
Quick bubble tea facts:
-pearl milk tea or boba tea first came from Taiwan
- 'bubble' in bubble tea doesn't come from the tapoica pearls
put on it but from the bubbles which come out when the
drinks are shaken when mixed
-milk+tea=calories, milk+tea+black pearls = CALORIESxCALORIES :d
-plenty variations of the drink revolve around its base content: black tea, green tea, coffee, decaffeinated tea, etc...



No comments:
Post a Comment